QuickBooks is created by Intuit to work as an accountant for its users. This accountant can run on your computer, mobile, or tablet. The software can manage all the data in one place, ready to be analyzed and shared at any instant. It provides seamless accounting and management of financial records. Even after all the capabilities, QuickBooks is still prone to unpredictable internal errors that can occur randomly. QuickBooks error 6147 is an error that appears on your screen while you try to access your company/file. If you also saw this error on your QuickBooks, keep reading the blog for every detail you need to resolve it.
Talk to a professional for any query regarding QuickBooks; call them at 855-856-0042.
We all know that Company files are the financial records of a business. This data is crucial and is accessed continuously while QuickBooks run. Under certain conditions, it is possible that you cannot access your company file, and you are being restricted from performing any other tasks to it. These conditions lead to QuickBooks error 6147, which can even stop you from restoring your backup file. You’ll see the error code and message that might indicate that there is a problem with your data file.
The most favorable conditions for this error to occur on your QuickBooks are-
- The company file or backup file you are trying to open is damaged, hence not supported by QuickBooks.
- You are trying to restore the backup file from the server or external drive.
- Some of the QB processes inappropriately crashed in the background.
Also visit on this article:- QuickBooks company file not found
The most effective solutions to resolve this error from your QuickBooks are-
Solution 1- Verify and Rebuild your data file
Executing these steps will help you solve any issues with your company file-
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Click on the File option and select Utilities from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on Verify data, and then hit Ok to close all the windows.
Let the process finish, and it will find any issues with your company file. If you see a message that “ Your data has failed the integrity check, “ you’ll have to rebuild your file.
- Click on File again and select Utilities from the list.
- Click Rebuild Data and tap
- Reopen your QuickBooks after the process is complete.
If you are still facing issues while opening your company file, try the other solution.
Solution 2- Stop & restart all QB processes.
Log in as an Administrator and follow the steps below-
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete together on your keyboard.
- Under the Users tab, you’ll see a lot of processes currently running.
- Look out for these QuickBooks processes from the list, e.g., exe, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe.
- Tap on the process and then End Task; repeat this for all QB files.
- Reopen your QuickBooks.
Try the next solution if you are still facing the error while opening your company file.
for more information, you may refer on this blog:- Quickbooks Error 179
Solution 3- Rename your Company file and reopen it in QuickBooks.
Follow the steps to rename your company file-
- Navigate to the QuickBooks folder that carries your company file.
- There will be some other files with your company name but extension .ND & .TLG
- Right-click on the file and select
- Type .old at the last of the name and click
- Reopen your QuickBooks.
These solutions will remove the error from your QuickBooks.
We have arrived at the end of our blog; we attempted to clarify QuickBooks Error 6147 and its perspectives. You are now familiar with the reasons for this error and the solutions you can try to rectify the mistake. We expect that the error will be resolved from your QuickBooks.
For any assistance, reach out to our experts at 855-856-0042.