Small and medium-sized businesses widely use QuickBooks for their accounting activities. It comes with various advanced features that fulfill all business needs. But, some errors like QuickBooks error 6000 77 make day-to-day accounting difficult. This error is usually encountered on the screen with a message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).” The error occurs when there is some issue with the company file. However, we can fix it easily using some tools from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. In this blog, we are going to discuss the detailed troubleshooting procedure to fix error 6000 77, so read carefully until the end.
Stuck with QuickBooks error 6000 77? Simply call us on our toll-free number (+1-800-579-9430) to get the best troubleshooting assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
Reasons that can evoke QuickBooks company file error 6000 77
The company file error triggers due to the following prominent causes:
- The company file user is trying to open is stored on the external device instead of the local drive.
- The folder containing the company files has incorrect permissions.
- The QuickBooks company file path is not correct.
You may also read:- QuickBooks online slow
Tested Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks error message 6000 77
Solution 1. Put QB File Doctor to use to fix error 6000 77
- Before you start, close all open company files and then quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Download the newly released version of QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub and save the file to a location you can easily access, like your Windows Desktop.
- From your desktop, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and perform the instructions that show up on the screen.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions so you can finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the tool hub and choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor and wait till it opens. Scroll through the drop-down and choose your company file. If you can’t see your file in the drop-down, click Browse to search it.
- Once done, select the Check your file option and click Continue.
- When prompted, enter the QB admin password and click Next.
Solution 2. Put UNC path to use instead of mapped drive to open the company file
- Move to your Windows desktop, locate the QuickBooks Desktop icon, and right-click it.
- On your keyboard, tap and hold the Ctrl key. While holding the keys, select the Run as Administrator option.
- Don’t free the Ctrl key until the No Company Open screen appears.
- After that, select the File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Click Open a company file and choose Network from the left pane.
- Browse to the company file location, select your company file and click Open.
We hope you find the advisory blog helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 6000 77. If you are still struggling to fix the same, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.
Related article:- Quickbooks error 6123