Creative / Design
As an Designer for Ties and support Shirts working in the Menswear Division you will be part of the Shirts design team for designing and executing seasonal collections for the product category. The Shirts product groups exists out of casual shirting, tailored shirting and ties. You will work closely with the Jr. Designer, Designer and Sr. designer in the team, the developers from the development team, merchandise team, and the Design Director for the planning and development of the collection each season. You will report into the Sr. Designer.
Among others you will be responsible for:
- Assist design team in researching trends and performing market research that works into the brand strategy;
- Preparing all design sheets and boards for both Shirts and Ties for divisional presentations;
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally;
- Design in in 2D (illustrator) and if the knowledge also 3D browzwear;
- Develop sketches and colour ups in alignment with the Global Design Brief and merchandising range plan using initial research, support and attend sketch/proto review and revise sketches based on feedback received before and during sketch/ proto review;
- Compile and maintain Shirts library by archiving Design input (e.g sketches (digital library), fabrics, samples);
- Preparing handloom sheets;
- Design 2D fabric CADS;
- Developing an understanding of fabrics to work Senior Designer and Developer for the selection of fabrics for each collection;
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines.
A competitive salary will be offered in accordance with your experience and knowledge.
For this position we are looking for a candidate that is/has:
* Fashion Degree;
* Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign);
* Fluent in English both written and verbal;
* Able to work in a hectic environment and has a hands-on mentality;
* High productivity is demanded;
* Team player;
* Structured and well-organized.
About the company:
This organisation is one of a kind, HQ in Amsterdam.