QuickBooks Desktop has been ruling the charts for decades when it comes to the world’s best accounting software. Being trusted by millions of individuals and businesses, QuickBooks Desktop is known for making the difficult task of managing daily bookkeeping activities effortless. However, we still can’t consider QuickBooks Desktop impeccable, and the reason behind this is its vulnerability to errors and technical glitches. This post will discuss everything regarding QuickBooks error 6177, which crops up when opening a company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Do you want to get rid of QuickBooks error 6177 without any effort? If yes, talk freely to our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
Why QuickBooks error code 6177 takes place?
QuickBooks error code 6177 is often caused when QuickBooks Desktop has not been updated by the user for a long time. The other reasons that can cause it is as follows:
- Corruption or damage on the QuickBooks company file.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 6210
What are the ways to safely rectify QuickBooks error 6177?
Solution 1- Get the new QuickBooks Desktop updates and install them
- Enter ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ in the search box on the taskbar and click right on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- On your keyboard, press and hold the Control key, and concurrently, select the option called ‘Run as administrator.’
Note: Don’t let go of the Control key on your keyboard until you notice the No Company Open screen.
- Click on the Help menu on the No Company Open screen.
- Go to the Options tab and then click on the Mark All button.
- Click on the Save button.
- Then select the Update Now tab and checkmark the checkbox for Reset Update.
- After going through the above steps, click Get Updates to download the new QuickBooks Desktop updates.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop, and after that, reopen it.
- Click on the Yes button for installing the downloaded QuickBooks Desktop updates.
- At last, restart your computer.
If you still encounter QuickBooks error code 6177, move on to the second solution.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 6190
Solution 2- Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of version 220.127.116.11 from the site of Intuit and save it to the Downloads folder.
- Click twice QuickBooksToolHub.exe (the downloaded installation file).
- Go through the instructions as they appear on your computer screen to install QuickBooks Tool Hub and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub twice.
- Select the option called ‘Company File Issues’ from the left panel.
- Tap the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- When the QuickBooks File Doctor tool opens, choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
Note: If your company file is not present there, select the option called ‘Browse and search’ to find it on the computer.
- Select the option titled ‘Check your file’ and then tap the Continue button.
- Fill in your QuickBooks admin password and then tap the Next button.
- Wait until the tool diagnoses your company file. Once it’s done, open QuickBooks Desktop and attempt to access your company file.
If you still see QuickBooks error 6177 and need additional guidance on resolving it, speak freely with our QuickBooks troubleshooters at +1-855-856-0042.