No one denies the fact that QuickBooks Desktop is pretty good for managing everyday business transactions; however, at the same time, its vulnerability to countless errors and technical glitches can’t also be underestimated. Through this post, we will discuss with you QuickBooks error 1904, which occurs while installing QuickBooks Desktop. So, let’s begin.
For instant guidance to fix QuickBooks error 1904, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
Why does a user face QuickBooks Desktop error 1904?
A user mainly faces QuickBooks Desktop error 1904 when the Windows components required for installing QuickBooks are corrupt. Though, other reasons can also cause it, such as:
1. The installation of QuickBooks is failing to own to inadequate Windows permissions.
You may want to see: QuickBooks connection has been lost
What should be done to overcome QuickBooks error 1904?
Solution 1- Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool for fixing the Windows components
1. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the brand-new version (188.8.131.52) and save it at a place on the computer where you can get to it quickly.
2. Click twice the QuickBooksToolHub.exe File (the setup file you have downloaded above).
3. Follow the instructions you see on-screen to install QuickBooks Tool Hub and agree to the terms and conditions.
4. Click twice the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
5. Select the option named ‘Installation Issues.’
6. Click on the option titled ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.’
7. Let the tool fix the Windows components required for installing QuickBooks. When it’s done, restart your computer.
8. Attempt to install QuickBooks Desktop afterward and see whether you face any error this time.
If you still see QuickBooks error 1904, follow the next solution.
You may like to read: QuickBooks Error PS038
Solution 2- Change the Windows account settings for QuickBooks
Step 1) Sign in to the computer with the Windows Admin account
1. Go to the Windows Start menu located on the taskbar.
2. Enter “CMD” in the search space. Then click right CMD and select the Run as administrator option.
3. Type “net user administrator /active: yes” into the command screen.
4. Then press the Enter key and wait until the command is complete.
5. Close the command screen after that.
6. Open the Windows Start menu again and select the sign-out option.
7. Tap the account that displays Administrator and then sign in.
Also see: QuickBooks unable to backup company file
Step 2) Review the Windows user permissions
1. Press the Windows + E keys to open File Explorer.
2. Go through the path “C:\Program Files\Command Files.
3. Click right on the Common Files folder and then select the option named ‘Properties.”
4. On the Security tab, select the Edit button.
5. Under Group or user names, select the Users option.
6. In the Permissions for Users section, select the Allow checkbox for Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, Write.
7. Select the option named ‘Apply’ and then press the OK button.
8. See if you get any error while installing QuickBooks Desktop on your computer this time.
If you get QuickBooks error 1904 again even after going through the above two troubleshooting solutions, then we recommend you delete the QuickBooks installation files and download them again on your computer. You can also avail yourself of further troubleshooting assistance to fix QuickBooks Desktop error 1904 by speaking with our QuickBooks official team at +1-855-856-0042.