QuickBooks is easy-to-use software used for bookkeeping by small & medium-sized businesses. The users have benefited from the product resulting in the growth of their businesses. But, like every software, QuickBooks is also vulnerable to random errors that can seriously impact the software’s working. QuickBooks error OL 222 is one of the errors you might encounter while working on the software. It occurs when the connection to your bank fails, and you might face errors while downloading your transactions. If this error has troubled you in QuickBooks, you are in the right place for resolutions. Keep reading the blog for all the details of this error.
Any help with your QuickBooks is readily available at +1-800-579-9430 24×7.
About this error
QuickBooks users have to link their bank accounts in QuickBooks. These accounts are used to carry out all the transactions and monetary processes in QuickBooks. But sometimes, QuickBooks is unable to maintain the connection with your bank. It can be possible that the bank servers are facing some issues and are unresponsive to any requests made by QuickBooks. You’ll receive an error message that “QuickBooks is unable to complete the process…” every time you try to connect to your bank servers.
Some reasons which are responsible for the occurrence of this error in QuickBooks are-
- The file you are trying to access is damaged or in another format that is not supported in QuickBooks.
- The file being accessed contains special characters or symbols in its file name.
- You are using an outdated version of windows on your computer.
You may also read:- QuickBooks error 3371
The most effective methods to deal with this error in QuickBooks are-
Solution 1-Make sure that your file is in .qbo format
Maybe your data file is in some other format or damaged. Refer to the steps to download it in .qbo format, which QuickBooks support-
- Open your web browser and go to your Bank’s official website.
- Use your account details to log into your account on the website.
- Download your file again, this time in.qbo format.
- Try to open this file in QuickBooks.
If you face any issues, try the next solution.
Solution 2-Rename the .qbo file you are trying to run in QuickBooks
Special characters and symbols are not allowed by the Open Financial Exchange (OFX). Follow the steps to rename your file-
- Locate the folder that carries your data files and find the files with the .qboextension.
- Right-click on the file and select Rename from the list.
- Remove& from the file name.
- Finally, tap on Save and reopen your QuickBooks.
If you can’t access the file, try the next solution.
Solution 3-Update the current version of your QuickBooks
You should always use the latest version of QuickBooks; if your QuickBooks needs an update, follow the steps below-
- Open your QuickBooks on your computer.
- Click on the Help option and select Update QuickBooks desktop from the drop-down list.
- If you mark the Rest update checkbox, all your previously downloaded updates will be erased.
- Tap Get Update and wait for the process to finish.
These solutions will fix the error in your QuickBooks.
This is the closure of this blog; we tried to bring focus on every detail of the QuickBooks error OL 222. You learned about the reasons it occurs and the methods to rectify it quickly. We hope to go through the blog was worth your time, and that the solutions helped to get rid of this error from our QuickBooks.
If you still think the advice would be helpful, call +1-800-579-9430 to reach our QuickBooks expert.
Read More:- QuickBooks outlook email not working