Despite being a robust application, QuickBooks is prone to many technical errors. One of them is QuickBooks error 1722, which comes up on the screen when a user tries to install QuickBooks or open it after installation. The error pops up on the screen along with a message, “Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as the part of the setup did not finish as expected.” The error mainly occurs due to corruption in QuickBooks installation files and damaged Microsoft .NET Framework. Go through the complete blog to understand what triggers QuickBooks installer error 1722 and how to fix it.
To get direct technical advice on QuickBooks error 1722, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.
Top reasons causing QuickBooks installer error 1722
Check out the list of causes given below that trigger this installation error:
- There is some damage or corruption in Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Your version of Windows is outdated.
- Your workstation or QuickBooks is attacked by a virus or malware
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 1722
Method 1. Fix error 1722 by running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Close QuickBooks, open your browser and download the newly released version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation.
- Save the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file somewhere you can easily find.
- Move to the location where you saved the file, open it, and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- To complete the installation, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- After installing the tool hub, double-click to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From there, choose the Installation Issues tab and click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait till the tool finishes, and then restart your workstation.
Read more:- QuickBooks Error 6129
Method 2. Start your computer in Selective startup and perform a clean install
- Back up your QuickBooks data and note down your QuickBooks license number and product information.
- Start your computer in selective startup mode using the steps given below:
- Tap the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at once to open the run window.
- Write MSConfigin the Run box, click OK, and select the General tab.
- Click Selective startup, choose Load system services and move to the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and click the Disable all button.
- Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and tick the Windows Installer checkbox from the list of services.
- Click OK and then select Restart from the System Configuration window.
3. Uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks, then start your workstation back in Normal mode:
- Reopen the Run window again by tapping the Windows and R keys at once on your keyboard.
- Within the Run box, type MSConfig, select OK and select the General tab.
- Choose Normal startup, click OK, and then Restart on the system configuration window.
If QuickBooks error 1722 does not fix even after following the methods discussed above, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer service number +1-800-579-9430.
Related article:- QuickBooks abort error